Do you want to be more intentional about discipling your kids? In today’s episode, we continue our conversation with Katie J. Trent and we talk about some fun ways to fuel the faith of our boys.
WELCOME TO EPISODE 33 OF REDEEMING THE CHAOS WITH LAURIE CHRISTINE.
Listen to Episode 33 below, or keep reading for a blog version!
We are continuing our discussion with Katie J. Trent today.
Katie is the author of Dishing up Devotions: 36 Faith-Building Activities for Homeschooling Families, and a leader in the Christian homeschool community, outside of Phoenix, AZ. She draws on a wealth of knowledge and experience from over a decade of counseling, ministry, and church planting in order to equip women to grow their faith, strengthen their families, and simplify their homeschool journeys.
Last week in Episode 32, Katie and I talked about homeschooling. We answered the question: How do I know if Homeschooling is right for my family? If you haven’t listened to that episode yet, listen HERE.
HOW TO FUEL THE FAITH OF YOUR BOYS
This week, Katie and I talk about 3 ways to nurture a love for Jesus in our boys.
Katie uses the acronym: MEN
M – Make it Memorable & Model Your Own Faith
- Make it fun
- Help your boys to see Jesus at work in their own lives
- Help your boys to apply their faith in daily life
- We’re interested in who they are, not just what they do
- Invite your kids into the conversations you are having about faith and prayer
- Allow your kids to see your own struggles and answers to prayer
- Serve your community together
- Be in the Word together
E – Engage their Senses
- Boys need to be actively engaged, not just listening to a story
- Think: How can I make this story come alive for them?
- Use object lessons and link to the Bible
- Draw, act it out, use art
- Free Ebook from Laurie: How to Engage Your Kids in Family Devotions
N – Nourish Creativity and Normalize their Questions
- Encourage your kids to explore their faith and ask questions
- It’s okay to have questions without answers
- Teach our kids how we as adults find the answers
- It may feel like our boys are challenging us, but it’s natural for our boys to question and analyze. We want to encourage our kids to examine their faith in order for it to become their own.
DISHING UP DEVOTIONS – 36 FAITH-BUILDING ACTIVITIES FOR HOMESCHOOLING FAMILIES
Katie’s new book, Dishing Up Devotions, releases on October 26th. But if you pre-order it NOW, you’ll receive a Bonus Bundle that includes 140 pages of additional family faith-building activities! You can order Katie’s book HERE and you can check out the Bonus Bundle HERE.
Dishing Up Devotions includes:
- Interactive, fun, faith-building activities for each week
- Conversation starters to help you talk to your kids about spiritual topics
- Delicious baking recipes
- Weekly faith-building themes
- Full color illustrations
What Katie has to say about Dishing Up Devotions:
Homeschooling is a challenging journey that’s often misunderstood. The thirty-six weeks that parents have to educate their homeschooled children don’t just come together magically. There are lessons to plan and oversee, records to keep, routines to follow, and kids to motivate. It can feel overwhelming as the teaching parent—usually Mom—tries to tackle both the educational and spiritual aspects of the children’s lives while also keeping up with household tasks such as cooking and laundry.
Dishing Up Devotions: 36 Activities for Homeschooling Families infuses faith and fun to strengthen family relationships while nourishing the teaching parent’s soul.
It features thirty-six weekly devotions, faith-building activities for the whole family, and baking recipes connected to the weekly character theme. Author Katie Trent’s goal is to take the stress out of homeschooling with a devotional that the whole family will love through:
* Encouragement from other homeschooling parents
* Biblical lessons even toddlers can understand
* Interactive family activities
* Delicious baking recipes related to the weekly theme
Homeschooling just got easier—and deliciously fun!
Dishing Up Devotions Pre-Order & 140 page Bonus Family Faith-Building Bundle: https://www.katiejtrent.com/dishing-up-devotions-pre-order-bundle-fulfillment/
FREE EBOOK: HOW TO ENGAGE YOUR KIDS IN FAMILY DEVOTIONS
LISTEN TO RECENT EPISODES OF REDEEMING THE CHAOS
Episode 32 – Is Homeschooling Right for My Family? Part 1 Interview with Katie J. Trent
Episode 31 – How to Plan Manhood Ceremonies
Episode 30 – How to Guide Your Son on His Journey to Manhood
Episode 28 – Four Mistakes Moms Make with their Teenage Sons
Episode 27 – Three Things Your Pre-teen Son Wants You to Know