Where do you find your identity? Does your value as a person depend on the behavior of your kids or the cleanliness of your house? That’s what we’re going to talk about in today’s show.
WELCOME TO EPISODE 41 OF REDEEMING THE CHAOS.
I’m your host, Laurie Christine. This is the podcast for moms who may feel a bit frazzled and overwhelmed by the responsibility of raising boys. If you want your boys to grow up to be strong, courageous young men who are fully committed to following Jesus, this show is for you.
In all the chaos of raising boys, we recognize that Christ is the only who can redeem the chaos in our world, our homes, and our own hearts.
I know that I can’t do this alone. I desperately need God to give me strength every step of this journey.
But guess what… I also need YOU.
I’d love for you to join me on this wild, wonderful, chaotic adventure of raising courageous boys and connecting their hearts to Christ.
As moms, we are sometimes tempted to find our identity and value in our kids, or in our role as a mom. We base our value on how well behaved our kids are or how clean our house it. We have a special guest on the show today who is going to talk with us about finding our identity in God.
Mindy Kiker is one of the cofounders at Flourish Writers, where she cultivates an online gathering place for writers to build community, find clarity, and grow in the craft of writing. She has co-written 12 Bible studies and her passion is to help women embrace their unique, God-breathed identity. When I found out that Mindy was also a mom of 4 boys, I knew I had to invite her to come on the show!
In today’s show, Mindy and I talk about:
- Loving our kids with selfless, sacrificial love.
- How our own egos sometimes get in the way of loving our children well.
- Have you made your children an idol?
- How we sometimes feel shame and embarrassment because of how our children’s behavior reflects on us.
- God’s plan is to use our children in our own sanctification.
- God’s strength is perfect in our weakness.
- You are more than your labels and your roles.
- Find the power of your unique, God-breathed identity.
- Learn how to write your God-story.
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW YOUR SON?
I have created a fun quiz for you that will help you get to know your son a little better, understand his strengths and weaknesses, and connect with his heart on a deeper level.
After taking the quiz, you’ll receive tips on how to build a deeper relationship with your son’s specific personality type.