In today’s episode, Bonni Greiner and I talk about 6 ways God changed her heart and her attitude as a young mom, and we also discuss how to prepare your heart even now to release your boys to be the men God created them to be.
WELCOME BONNI GREINER
Our guest today is an author, an inspirational speaker, a mom of 8 and a grandmother of 10. She has spoken for Moms groups for over a decade, and she is the author of several books including Recapturing the Joy of Motherhood, and There’s An Easier Way: 21 Ways to Lovingly Raise Your Children Without Regrets.
I am so excited to welcome Bonni Greiner back to our show today!
This is the second half of a 2-part episode. If you missed my first interview with Bonni, be sure to go back and listen to Episode 21.
SIX WAYS GOD CHANGED MY ATTITUDE AS A MOM OF BOYS
- Feeling overwhelmed is a choice
- Easy doesn’t mean better
- I can do hard things.
- I have the mind of Christ
- The Bible is my manual for life.
- The wisdom of God is just a prayer away.
- My job as a mom is irreplaceable
- We have a holy, high calling as a mom.
- Finding the sacred in the monotony.
- I am never alone
- It often feels lonely amidst the chaos and noise.
- God is always with us.
- Be Content where God has placed you
- There’s no greater joy than doing the work that God has called you to do in the moment he has given you to do it.
HOW DO I PREPARE MY HEART FOR MY BOYS TO LEAVE ME?
- Start releasing them into God’s hands at a young age.
- The best gift you can give your son (aside from a firm foundation in God’s Word) is to release them to cling to their future wife and build a solid family unit, that you are not a part of.
- Pray for your sons future spouse (if they should choose to get married).
- Affirm your sons by telling them how God is preparing them to lead their own families some day.
- By releasing them, they want to come back.
LISTEN TO MY INTERVIEW WITH BONNI GREINER:
CONNECT WITH BONNI
It was so great to have Bonnie back on our podcast for a second interview. If you would like to connect with Bonni or find out more about her, you can visit her blog at https://www.mombyexample.com/.
You can also check out Bonni’s books on Amazon (affiliate links):
Lord, raising boys is hard work. Please fill me with your spirit and give me the strength to do the job you have given me to do. And please help me to do it with a joyful attitude, not begrudgingly. Show me where I need you to change my attitude. I pray that you would give me both the power and the desire to do what pleases you. Amen.
Real quick, before you go… Do you know any other moms who are feeling overwhelmed by the daunting task of raising courageous boys? Would you share a link to this podcast episode with them?
If you found value in today’s episode, I would love for you to leave a review for the show in itunes.
Also, I would love to invite you to join me in our new Facebook Group. It’s called “Raising Courageous Boys,” and it’s a place for Christian boy moms to connect and encourage each other on this wild, wonderful, chaotic adventure of raising boys.
Thank you so much for joining me for Episode 21 of Redeeming the Chaos with Laurie Christine. If you would like more free resources on raising courageous boys and connecting their hearts to Christ, check out my BOOKS PAGE.