SUMMER BOOKS FOR KIDS
What are you going to read with your kids this summer? I have created a list of a few of my favorite summer books for kids!
My summer books are full of things like lighting bugs, bees, frogs, salamanders… I mean, I DO have four little boys in my family!
But I’ve also included classic summer books like the Berenstein Bears’ Summer Vacation, and Blueberries for Sal, which were favorites of mine when I was little.
From the beach, to the bugs, to the blueberries & bears in the mountains, you’ll love this collection of summer books.
WHERE TO FIND SUMMER BOOKS
But the libraries are closed!! If you can’t get to the library, here are a few ideas of where to find affordable books to read with your kids this summer:
1. Start with what you have. You may have books on your shelf that you hadn’t even associated with summer before. Do you have books about camping? Or salamanders? Lightning bugs? Picnics? Fishing? What about gardening or planting seeds? Do you have any patriotic books about Independence Day or Flag Day?
2. Trade books with your friends or neighbors. Write your name inside the cover to make sure you get your books back again!
3. Look for books at yard sales. You can often find books for 25 cents or 50 cents, if you’re willing to dig through the piles of boxes.
4. You’ll sometimes find great deals on books at thrift stores like Good Will or Salvation Army. But these stores are often hit-or-miss.
5. Thriftbooks.com is one of my favorite places to get used books for my family. Most books cost about $4 and shipping is free when you spend at least $10!
6. Of course, Amazon.com is a great place for books as well, if you want to buy new. You can even sometimes find used books on Amazon as well!
HOW DO YOU ORGANIZE YOUR BOOKS?
I have a question… how do you organize your kids’ books? A few years ago, I decided to start organizing some of my books by seasons.
I’ve created boxes labeled “Winter,” “Spring,” “Summer,” “Autumn,” and “Christmas,” (which of course deserves its own season all to itself!).
My kids look forward to the day that I switch out the book boxes at the beginning of each season. If you’re interested in learning how to create your own SEASONAL BOOK COLLECTION, just follow THIS LINK! (You can download free box labels for your books!)
MY FAVORITE SUMMER BOOKS
Below is a list of some of my favorite summer books.
These are affiliate links to Amazon, so if you click on the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small compensation. No pressure to use these links, however! I’m just providing them for your convenience, in case you want to read reviews or book descriptions. Just click on the links or pictures below to be taken to Amazon.